The Mizuno Wave Lightning 6 Women's Volleyball Shoes are a brand new update to the extremely popular Wave Lightning line of volleyball shoes from Mizuno. The 2010 Wave Lightning 6 brings a bold new color and an updated design to the court, as well as some enhancements to the midsole, which are sure to solidify the Wave Lightning as the best volleyball shoe on the market.
While things have changed on the outside, under the hood the Wave Lightning 6 features the same technology that made previous shoes in the Wave Lightning family the number one choice for serious volleyball players. One change players will recognize immediately is the AP+ midsole. For 2010, Mizuno has updated the midsole of the Wave Lightning for increased rebound and cushion durability, while remaining lightweight.
The Wave Lightning 6 helps give players the agility and stability required for maximum performance. Volleyball players love the Wave Lightning due to its cushion technology known as the Mizuno Wave. The Mizuno Wave disperses impact forces uniformly over the length and width of the midsole, providing unrivaled cushioning. Mizuno Wave is a biomechanically-engineered midsole technology that resists overpronation, thus relieving stress on ankle and knee joints. It provides for lightweight cushioning and enhanced stability.
They also feature Mizuno VS-1 technology, which gives an added edge in comfort for volleyball players. The VS-1 absorbs shock and enhances cushioning properties by resisting compression-set, which will extend the cushioning life of the shoe. The VS-1 is made primarily (70%) of vibration absorption material and the remainder (30%) being E.V.A. and Isoprene rubber. Mizuno VS-1 is very lightweight and returns to its original shape after impact.
Another great feature of the Wave Lightning 6 is Mizuno's Sensor Point suspension system, which connects the wave plate to the ground. This enhances stability and traction, giving volleyball players a solid foundation for ultimate mobility. The upper features Mizuno AIRmesh technology, which provides for superior breathability and comfort during the most intense action.
Ultimately, the Mizuno Wave Lightning 6 is built for superior performance, agility and cushioning and continues to be the premier volleyball shoe for serious volleyball players.